The easiest way to earn more on Azure
From 1st October 2019 to 30th June 2020, Giacom partners can receive up to $4,000* USD as a one-time incentive when any of their customers accelerate growth on Azure services through the CSP program.
To be eligible for the Intelligent Cloud incentive, partners must have an active MPN membership and at least one Microsoft competency in Gold or Silver.
*$4,000 USD is a one-off payment from Microsoft for reaching greater than $5,000 USD in a month for a single customer. From 1st January 2020, partner earnings will be subject to the introduction of the Microsoft CSP co-op component.
How do I qualify for the incentive?
To be eligible for this incentive, partners must have:
- Added a unique Azure customer prior to October 2019 (as identified by their Top Partner ID (TPID)
- Customer’s end of month bill for September 2019 was at $999.99 USD or less
- Accelerated customer growth is achieved anytime between October 2019 and June 2020, with customer billed $1,000 USD or $5,000 USD at the end of the month.
Note: Azure RIs are excluded from this incentive and will not be counted within the customer’s monthly billing revenue.
Partners who accelerate a customer’s growth to achieve an initial $1,000 USD in monthly billed Azure revenue after 1st October 2019 can receive a one-time incentive earning of $500 USD as part of the Intelligent Cloud incentive. If the same customer then goes on to achieve an initial $5,000 USD in monthly billed Azure revenue, partners can receive a one-time incentive earning of $3,500 USD.
Partners who accelerate a customer’s growth to achieve an initial $5,000 USD or more in monthly billed Azure revenue after 1st October 2019 can receive a one-time incentive earning of $4,000 USD as part of the Intelligent Cloud incentive.
How to register
- New and existing CSP partners will need to onboard to Partner Center before being able to access any eligible incentives, including Intelligent Cloud.
- Once onboarded, the Global Administrator must set up company users and assign an Incentive Administrator to grant Incentive User permissions.
- If you're eligible for incentives, the Global Administrator, Account Administrator and Incentive Administrator will receive an invite to enrol. The Incentive Administrator is the only user who can enrol into the incentive programs.
- Select the incentive(s) you wish to be enrolled in and follow the instructions in Partner Center.
- For additional help, download the Incentive Enrollment in Partner Center step-by-step guide.
Frequently asked questions
How do I know if I’m eligible for the incentive?
All CSP Indirect Resellers that have an active MPN ID, have signed the Microsoft Partner Agreement, have either a Gold or Silver competency in those previously outlined by Microsoft, and remain in compliance with the program terms will be eligible. E.g. if you are eligible for the CSP Indirect Reseller Incentive, you will be eligible for the Intelligent Cloud incentive.
How do I register for the Incentive?
You must onboard to Partner Center before you can access partner incentives. See above section for further instructions.
What consumption components are included in the incentive?
Azure consumption and SQL Azure consumption are included.
What consumption components are excluded in the incentive?
Azure RIs are excluded from the Intelligent Cloud incentive.
When will I be paid my earned cashback?
Rebate payments will be sent via wire transfer within 45 days after the end of the earning month. However, from 1st January 2020, partner earnings will be subject to the introduction of the Microsoft CSP co-op component.
What are the minimum and maximum payouts per customer by Microsoft?
The minimum threshold all partners must meet for any eligible customer growth is $1,000 USD of monthly billed revenue, where they will receive a one-time earning of $500 USD.
The maximum is $5,000 USD of monthly billed revenue, where they will receive a one-time earning of $3,500 USD. If a customer should reach an initial $5,000 USD or more in monthly billed revenue, partners can instead receive a one-time incentive earning of $4,000 USD.
What if I added my customer before October 2019?
If you added a customer prior to October 2019, your customer will be eligible, providing they have not added more than the minimum threshold of $1,000 USD.
How much is the incentive payout in £GBP?
The £GBP rate fluctuates in accordance with the current exchange rate. To view the current exchange rate, please visit the Financial Times website.
Terms and conditions
- The Intelligent Cloud incentive starts 1st October and ends 30th June 2020 and is only available to partners transacting through the CSP model.
- Partners must have an active MPN membership and remain in compliance with the incentive terms.
- The incentive takes into account the monthly billed revenue on Azure services (excluding Azure RIs) reported at the end of the earning month to calculate the incentive earning.
- Customer must be unique to Microsoft (measured at the TPID level) to qualify for the Intelligent Cloud incentive.
- Partners must provide any required banking information, including account number(s) to Microsoft (or the third-party payment vendor authorized and designated by Microsoft) to receive incentive payments.
- Partners must be eligible for the incentive either at the start of the campaign or one month prior to the end of the campaign and enroll onto Partner Center.
- Partners must provide acceptable proof of performance (e.g. sales reports) by the stated deadline outlined in Microsoft’s full term and conditions.
- Full terms and conditions can be found at can be downloaded at partner.microsoft.com/en-GB/membership/partner-incentives.