Giacom Cloud Market remains open for business
Monday, March 30, 2020
We continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and are following all relevant government advice to ensure that we are ready to adapt and continue ‘business-as-usual’ when further guidance is released. We wish to assure you that we have activated our comprehensive business continuity plan and don’t predict any disruption to the support we offer our customers.
Does Giacom have a work-from-home policy in place due to COVID-19?
Yes. Given the recent global health concerns, we want to emphasise that the safety and well-being of our partners and team is our top priority. In line with government advice we are currently enabling all our internal teams to work from home.
Will there be any loss of service during this time?
No. We've carefully planned everything, meaning we'll continue to operate as usual with no disruption to any of our services. We've spent time ensuring our teams are equipped and ready to support you. With extra laptops, VPNs, enhanced security and next-generation communication and collaboration tools, our service to you will not be impacted by current events.
Can we still provision and add cloud services?
Yes. We'll continue to make life as easy as possible for our partners and their customers throughout this difficult time. As a reminder we have a number of solutions that give your customers the ability to work remotely quickly and easily, including Teams, Microsoft 365 and Business Voice.
Can we still speak to your support team?
Yes. Our customer support team are available on 0333 332 0888 (option 3) and [email protected]
Can I still sign up?
Yes! Signing up with Giacom is easy and only takes a few short minutes! Simply fill in our reseller form and our on-boarding team will get back to you as soon as possible.
Are you cancelling any workshops and events?
Due to the current nationwide health concerns, several of our live events have been postponed, however our webinars will go ahead as planned. We'll be looking to reschedule in line with recommendations from Public Health England.
What's your policy for visitors to office?
Please be advised that for the health and safety of our colleagues and partners, we have suspended visitor access to our office in Hessle.
We hope you're safe and well and would like to extend our thoughts to anyone who is affected at this difficult time. If we can be of any help at all, don't hesitate to get in touch - 0333 332 0888.
Preparing the office for staff to return
We have followed the Government guidelines in preparing our office for when our staff do return, including:
- Implementing social distancing in our offices
- Minimising the number of people working in the office so we can maintain social distancing guidelines
- Asking our people in high risk categories to continue to work from home
- Encouraging frequent handwashing and providing hand sanitisations stations on entry into the offices
- Providing disposable face masks and gloves if people wish to use them
- Providing hand sanitiser and disposable tissues on all workstations that will be occupied
- One-way traffic flows around the office where we can
- Encouraging all our people to wipe-down workstations at the start of each day
- Encouraging our people to wipe down hard surfaces including keypads, equipment, door handles etc. after use
- Minimising movement around the office
- Minimising numbers of people in communal areas
- Encouraging our people to be vigilant and follow guidelines provided to help keep our people safe
- Highlighting the symptoms of COVID-19 and encouraging our people to stay at home and arrange a test if they suffer with even the slightest of symptoms
Subscribe now Get the latest news, offers & updates straight into your inbox